This one’s a quick one, guys. For me, summer is a time to be outside, and I eat as much raw food as possible during the hot months because a) it’s quick, light, and cool, and b) it somehow just feels right to spend as little time as possible at the stove/oven. But since I still want to bake on a weekly basis, I look for fast, easy, and delicious recipes in the summer months.
Enter the super fast Lemon Ginger cookie! These cookies are light, melty, and delicious! They are also vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and have no refined sugar. They’re perfect ice-cream companions, too!
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey (I used even less)
- 1 T lemon zest
- Juice of one lemon
- Grated fresh ginger to taste
- 1 and 1/3 cup almond meal
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/8 t salt
- Mix the coconut oil, honey, lemon zest, ginger, and lemon juice.
- Slowly add the almond meal, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. The batter will be soft.
- Let the batter sit for five minutes and then refrigerate it for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- On a lined baking sheet, form 6-9 cookies and bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 to 10 minutes before transferring to another rack. They are pretty soft but firm up as they cool.
(recipe adapted from http://www.texanerin.com/paleo-lemon-cookie/#recipe)