This past holiday season, we received the most beautiful nonstick pan from family (thanks Liz and Richard)! After we stared at it for a few weeks in awe, fearful of ruining this gorgeous cooking device, I put it to the test with this wonderful one-pan Mediterrean Chicken Stir-fry.
If you love Mediterranean flavors and ingredients like olives and artichokes, you will really enjoy this dish and appreciate how easy it is to whip up during the work week. I do know that many people aren’t big fans of olives and if that’s the case, just substitute them with another vegetable that you prefer. I love making a stir-fry because it’s so easy to improvise and personalize based on your taste buds and what’s in your kitchen.
What other one-pan dishes do you make during the week?
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (I used minced)
- 6 ounces of portabella mushrooms
- Jar of Artichoke Hearts, chopped (I choose organic so there are minimal additives)
- Jar of Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Fresh oregano
- 1 lb of chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
Steps to Make the One-Pan Mediterranean Chicken Stir Fry:
- In a large non-stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute the minced garlic
- Cut up the chicken breasts and add the uncooked chicken to the pan
- Once the chicken starts to brown, add the portobello mushrooms to the pan. Cook for about 7-10 minutes.
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil and the balsamic vinegar to the pan
- Chop up the artichoke hearts, olives and fresh oregano and add to the skillet. Mix everything in the pan.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve dish over rice or quinoa. Add more balsamic vinegar to the grain or seeds for flavor.